So, how do you get your organisation Viva ready?
Here are 10 steps
2. Discovery and Personas
Knowing how your people work across the organisation will help inform the benefits and opportunities for Viva. Ask yourself:
- Do we really know how our people work?
- Do we really know how our people communicate and interact?
- Where do people find information?
- How can people get the most out of Viva?
Use information from the discovery process to inform the best approach for launching Viva to the right audiences at the right time. Before you launch, ask yourself:
- How can we get the most out of the Viva dashboard?
- What integrations do we want?
- What applications can we bring in for the best employee experience?
- Know the answer to ‘What Tool When?’ at your organisation.
- What does success look like?
- Start to form the business case and think about the wider engagement and stakeholders that are needed.
Learn about the value of the Viva modules by running smaller pilots to test their impact and benefits. Asking questions like these can be used to inform a wider business case:
- Topics is already live. What teams can pilot it now? How can we measure success?
- How do you think about other modules of Viva and about piloting them with smaller groups to learn about their value and impact?
- How can you measure wider impact and scale through the pilots?
4. Frontline Workers
If you have workers on the frontline, consider how they will use Viva differently and ensure they have the devices and access required. Get prepared by considering:
- How different is your FLW strategy to the rest of the business?
- How will people access Viva? Do they need devices?
- Do we have the licenses in palce to provide people access?
- Are there any conditions for access (like MFA) to turn on?
5. SharePoint Modern Intranet
Make sure your intranet is built and ready to go in the SharePoint modern experience. Intranet not on SharePoint? Consider the benefits by asking:
- What is our intranet built on?
- What are the benefits of using Microsoft SharePoint Online?
- What steps do you need to take to get your SharePoint intranet ready for Viva?
6. Viva Engage Launch and Adoption
Viva Engage enables employees to engage as part of the Viva experience. Make sure your network is launched and has a clear plan, purpose, and part to play. Some things to ask include:
- Are you using the latest Engage experience?
- Is Engage turned on?
- Is it being used?
- What is it being used for?
7. Teams Mobile App
Many of the benefits of Viva come though the Teams Mobile App. Make sure people can access and start to drive adoption of the app by asking:
- How actively do people use the Teams mobile app?
- What did the discovery process reveal about certain persona groups?
8. Pin Yammer and Insights to the Teams Bar
Pin the Yammer Communities and Insights applications to the Teams Bar through the admin center to nudge people to use them:
- Make it as easy as possible for people to access.
- Start to use Teams as your go-to place for internal communications.
- Promote the ease of the experience through education.
9. Set the SharePoint Intranet as your Home Site
Make sure your SharePoint intranet is set as the Home Site in Microsoft 365 so you’re ready to start using Viva Connections right away. Don’t forget to:
- Make your intranet a SharePoint home site.
- Pin it to the Teams app.
10. Make Data Driven Decisions
Viva Insights offers a view into how people work and makes recommendations for improvements with data. Start thinking about how you’re going to encourage people to act on this. But remember:
- Insights provides people with the data and recommendations they need to improve. But if people don’t change, how effective will Insights be?